Homemade Dog Food Recipe
The security of dog food issue shows up more and more, it’s time to make food for your puppy at home now. It’s yummy, affordable, easy and the most important- Healthy!
We’ll share more dog food treat recipe with you here. Start from this dish, your puppy will love it!
Easy Homemade Dog Treats
Easy Homemade Dog Treats (Dairy Free)
- 2 cups whole wheat or gluten free flour plus more for dusting
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 cup sunflower butter room temperature
- 1 cup coconut milk full fat, unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with a silicon mat or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, stir together whole wheat flour and baking soda until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together sunflower butter, coconut milk and molasses. Add the flour mixture and stir until thoroughly combined into a dough.
- Turn out dog treat dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Coat your rolling pin with whole wheat flour and roll out to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut rolled dough with dog boned shaped cookie cutters. Place 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-20 minutes until lightly brown. (Check treats after 10 minutes and 15 minutes to make sure they don’t get over cooked. Cooking time will depend on size and thickness of your dog treat.)
- Remove cookie sheets from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Then place dog treats to cool on wire racks.
- Store your homemade dog treats in an airtight container and place them in the refrigerator or freezer. If frozen, allow the treat to thaw for 10 – 20 minutes prior to serving to your dog. Treats can last for up to 2 months in the refrigerator and 6 months in the freezer.
Quick Beef Stew For Dog
Quick Beef Stew For Dog
- 1 pound beef stew meat
- 1 sweet potato diced
- 1/2 cup carrots diced
- 1/2 cup green beans(optional) diced
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup water or organic vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil for frying
- Cook the sweet potato in a microwave for 5 to 8 minutes until firm but tender. Set aside.
- Slice the stew pieces into smaller chunks, about the size of a nickel.
- Cook the stew pieces in a tablespoon of vegetable oil over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until well-done.
- Remove the beef chunks from the pan, reserving the drippings.
- Dice the sweet potato.
- Heat the drippings over medium-low heat. Slowly add flour and water into the dripping while whisking to create a thick gravy.
- Add the meat, sweet potato, carrots and green beans into the gravy and stir to coat.
- Cook until the carrots are tender – about 10 minutes.
- Serve cool.
- Store remaining stew in the fridge for up to five days.
To be continue…